I am a little afraid of sounding like a scrooge...I have to admit...I do not love everything Christmas. The main thing is Christmas music. I am just now, with 15 days to go, getting in the mood for Christmas music. I just can't bear to listen to the radio stations and can barely tolerate what is played in the stores when they start before Thanksgiving! It's not that I do not like it at all...its just that too much (too early) of a good thing is just that. Also, it can't be just any Christmas music. It really has to set the mood and be in the spirit (or at least what I think is the spirit) of Christmas. Now some of you may already have your sound turned off but for those of you who don't...I hope you enjoy the few select tunes I have selected to add a little Christmas spirit to my blog :)
p.s. Don't give up on me...I will update my blog soon!
6 comments:
I couldn't agree with you more. I love Christmas but at Christmas time. I wish we could get through Halloween and Thanksgiving and then enjoy Christmas. When I see them putting up Christmas when I'm out looking for Halloween costumes it's a bit frustrating. I LOVE Christmas music but once again at the right time. You're not scrooge. I'm on the same page!!
Melinda! I don't think we can be friends anymore! ;-)j/k
Part II (sorry, had to leave in the middle of my comment); I agree with Julie, shopping for Halloween items amid the Christmas items is frustrating!
Melinda, I agree! When I went to Lowe's 2 weeks ago all Christmas items were 50% off. I asked a salesperson why? She said, we're getting ready for the next season...spring/summer. It drives me crazy. Let's just finish a holiday and then move on. I love your blog site. Merry Christmas, my friend.
~Michelle
You're not a Scrooge! I always start celebrating Christmas late... I wait until we get home with family--shopping and all. I'm excited to see you guys at Grandma's party!
Hey you, hope you are feeling more in the Christmas mood these days amongst all the overkill. You are not alone in your frustration, I get the same way. I'm back from my blogging break so hope to see lots of new updates soon:)
Post a Comment