We have been promising the boys a trip to Lagoon for a while now. Our oldest has been begging to go to Disneyland. We finally convinced him that Lagoon would be just as much fun. He bought it although we did have to promise to take him one day. For some reason I just dread the thought of a family vacation to Disneyland. Hopefully it will not seem so terrible once my kids are a little older!!
We woke up early on a Friday and drove to Lagoon. The kids rode on rides and their Dad even let them play some games (he said his Dad would never let him when he was little so he wanted to let them play). The boys had a great time. Nacho and I took turns in the lines while the other waiting for the boys to finish the ride they were on so we didn't spend a lot of time with the kids waiting. Luckily, the kids rides do not have very long rides. The worst line was probably the one where the kids rode the little car on the track.
We left and went to our hotel for dinner and to swim. I put The Princess to bed and the boys all went back to Lagoon. They had a great time with cooler weather and shorter lines. They were in heaven!!
On Saturday we went to Hoogle Zoo. The kids always love going to the zoo. Luckily we finished up before it got too hot! We tried to pack our day full of adventure and planned to go to Chuck E Cheese for dinner but the kids all fell asleep. We tried to wake our oldest (who really wanted to go) but he consented to go another time because he was just too tired.
We stayed with some friends Saturday night & the boys went to a demolition derby! They loved it!! Something about cars crashing, fires, smoking cars, and loud music really gets their blood pumping. Nacho lost our youngest son for a while and had even notified the security but then found him. Lucky for him, he did not have to call me to tell me he had lost our son!
Unfortunately, I had had a sore throat most of the trip and by Sunday morning I just could not take it anymore. I went into a "doc in the box" (urgent care) and was told I had strep. We ended our trip early and headed for home. I waited a little too long to take care of my throat so my recovery was a little slow. Luckily the kids were still pretty tired from all the adventure that they let me take it easy for a couple of days.



1 comment:
Sounds like a fun, action packed trip! My kids have been itchin to go to Lagoon this summer too. And if your kids are too tired for Chuck E Cheese...I don't know if my kids have EVER been that tired! Sounds like you a need a vacation from your vacation. What fun!
Post a Comment