My oldest has decided that he wants to earn some money. Lucky for him, he gets a lot of ideas from our neighborhood. On any given day you will find kids selling lemonade/kool-aid, old toys, Popsicles, artwork, or anything else they think someone will buy from them. My son helped his friend with his airhead sale the other day and decided that he wanted to try his own. He worked out a pretty good plan, one boy stayed at the table while the other boy went house to house telling the children that there was airheads to buy. They sold quite a lot of airheads this way but I think they gave away just as many as they sold.

When it was time to clean up I looked at their money and noticed a $20 bill. My little guy does not know the difference between a 20 and a 1 dollar bill and apparently neither did the child who brought the money. We are still trying to track down the owner...if you are one of my neighbors reading this, let me know if you are missing some money!!

Luckily he has found another way to make money. Our neighbor has 11 lizards at her house to feed and she pays 5 cents a grasshopper. My boys love catching grasshoppers to feed to the lizards...getting paid is just a bonus!
2 comments:
I love the updates! "Dizzy" could be my life's theme song! :-) Thanks for accomodating the candy sale. Caleb loved it! Funny how they have such little concept of money. When it comes down to it, I think they were more obsessed with selling/getting rid of the candy more than earning it. Caleb has hardly rememberd the money he's made. :-)
Hope the pink eye passes quickly and NOT to the rest of the family!
Oh ya, bought some of that! My kids love the selling craze, and I'm a sucker too.
Post a Comment