Saturday, June 21, 2008

My 7 Quirks

Here you go Camille...everything you didn't really want to know about me & for my family...I am finally confessing:

1. It drives me batty when people snitch food that I am preparing.

2. It makes my skin crawl when my feet are touched by someone else's feet (barefoot or with socks). One of my sisters and my mom love to rub their own feet together when they are relaxing and even that makes my skin crawl.

3. I hate finding/seeing hair that is no longer attached to a person. It seems so dirty.

4. I have this really strange skin that welts whenever it is scratched, hit, or touched a little too hard. This was great when I needed to prove to my parents that my sisters were really picking on me. Too bad my sisters thought it was a lot fun to write their names in my arms during church just so it would turn into a welt. (They were entertained easily :) My skin is also easily imprinted upon...if I fall asleep, the creases from my pillow/sheets are deep and long lasting...if I fold my arms for very long my arms will have the impression of the fabric of my shirt on them. Bored in church...come and find me :)

5. I have absolutely no sense of time, direction, or depth perception.

6. I cannot stand hearing people eat (listening to their saliva sloshing around in their mouth), drink (gulp), or chew gum (like cattle). Cold cereal is one of the worst! This drives my husband crazy!

7. I am weird about coordinating things although I am not great with fashion. I cannot wear colored socks that do not match exactly with my clothes. My clothes also have to match exactly...two greens that are close in color are not good enough. I even have a hard time sometimes wearing blues with jeans. If my belt is black then I have to wear black shoes (no mixing black/brown). If my belt has silver on it then all other metal accessories have to be silver...no gold. I used to be really bad with this in elementary/JHS/HS but it has gotten a little better...I think.

I could probably go on all night and I am sure many of you could add to my list (that was not a request). I am tagging Marci H, Staci B, Julie G, Kelly B, Tracy T, Flori C, and Susan G.

5 comments:

The Morton's said...

I love it! How to really get to know someone! ;-) I'm with you on the chewing food thing, it drives me crazy, but I"m trying really hard to work on it cuz I'm sure I"m not silent when I eat, and I want to continue eating dinner with my family. :-)

Marci said...

All I can say is you must have had a really weird MOM!!! Love your mother

Marci said...

Just remember that your mother will always love you no matter what.

Marci said...

I am with you completely on the hearing someone eat thing YUCK!!! But the feet thing. . . I think you were talking about me :) & Yes tic tac toe has never been the same since playing it on your arms during church! Love Ya! Marci

Kelly said...

Those are too funny. I'm sitting by you next week in church, I want to see your weird skin. :)