Monday, May 19, 2008

Feeling Neglected

The other day we were driving down the street and my oldest son said to me, "Mom, when are WE going to get dandelions?" He was feeling pretty neglected. I started to laugh. Earlier in the week I had noticed the amount of dandelions that are "in bloom" around town and thought to myself how grateful I am that I am not fighting dandelions this year. I told him that we didn't want dandelions in our yard but he said, "why not? They're flowers!"

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I would trade dandelions in my yard for dirt any day!! My kids love the dandelions too, they pick me a big "bouquet" and bring it to me. I just smile and say thanks!

Kelly said...

I'd trade a yard full of dandelions over dirt any day! My kids love them too, they'll bring me a "bouquet" of them, and I just smile and say thanks!

Julie said...

I didn't have the heart to tell Ethan that they are weeds when he excitedly brought me FLOWERS. But like Kelly I would take them over mud:)

Chatty Natty said...

Hey Melinda..I saw your comment...fun that you blog as well. Now I can stay in touch with some people from the other side of town:)
Natalie

Tracy said...

Macy brought me some the other day and felt bad that I didn't put them in a vase. So I make sure I display the sunny little "flowers" now;-)