Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Catching Up?

Here are some pictures from recent activities...
Our family trip to Virginia to visit The Mom's Sister:
Fun adventures at the Earlysville Farm :) The kids loved playing in the yard, riding the little Hummer, playing with the new puppy Dragon, going to the caves, exploring on the nature walk, and playing with cousins! So much fun!!

Our family trip to North Carolina to visit Nacho's Brother:
North Carolina brought us more fun with cousins! We had fun at Boardwalk Billies, the neighborhood park, the whitewater park, celebrating Aunt Flori's birthday, shopping at the Black & Decker Outlet & Pro Bass Store, and just hanging with the cousins! Thanks!

The Princess celebrates her 1st birthday:
I ended up going with the ladybug cake. After having to borrow red food coloring from two neighbors and my sister I started to question just how much red food coloring is safe for a 1 year old to consume! I don't know if she made it past the frosting... she just kept pulling the spots (junior mints) off and eating those.

The last picture in the collage is of my Mom with the Princess looking at the clock from Granny. Granny gives all the great-grandchildren a musical clock for their first birthday. My kids love them! Thanks Granny!!

The Princess also received another special gift from another grandma...a picture that grandma painted!! It is so pretty!!!

What a fun party!! We ended up serving dinner in a pasta bar fashion...it worked out really well (stolen from Craigo's). It is always fun to get family together!

Fun random photos of the kids:
What cuties I have...if I do say so myself!!


Hopefully it won't take me so long next time to blog...it seems like the longer you stay away the harder it is to come back!

5 comments:

The Morton's said...

how fun! the lady bug cake was darling! nice work!

Julie said...

Wow, great job! Loved the picture collages, aren't they just the best use of space? Your trip looks like fun -glad things went ok on the plane.

Karena said...

I had no idea you were going to Virginia. How fun! I'm jealous-I really miss it. We've been to Earlysville Farm so it made it feel a little like home. What cute kids! I don't know how you do it all. Thanks for sharing your photos. Andrew keeps asking when he can see"Idaho Falls Porter" because he has a friend across the street with the name Porter as well.

Marilyn said...

Your ladybug cake it tooooo cute! Great job! Sounds like you've had your hands full with fun travels. I can't wait for tax season to be over so we can start to enjoy some family time.

Kelly said...

Hey Melinda! I found your blog on Julie's. I just started mine, it's still a work in progress. Love your pictures especially the cake. Your blog looks so great!